v1.1.0: Movement system enhancements
I’m excited to bring you the first post-release update for Side A. This build includes a variety of enhancements that were iterated upon while sculpting the mountainous terrain for Side B.
Importantly, jumping and scanning now respects vertical look, and a new grappling ability ensures you will brace even the hardest of impacts. To use the grappling ability, you must be on-foot, and hold Left Bumper or Left Control while mid-air. Audio and haptic cues will let you know it’s working.
In the new year I will be focusing on the Side B and, eventually, Side C releases. I’m excited to share more progress on those soon. Enjoy the update, and happy new year!
- Core Gameplay
- Implemented grappling ability for sticking landings.
- Glued movement to nearest surface while walking.
- Reworked forward echolocation scan to follow vertical look.
- Increased jump height.
- Increased jump charge duration.
- Applied vertical look toward jump direction.
- Core Interface
- Added Mouse 0 mapping for jumping.
- Added Mouse 2 mapping for grappling and drifting.
- Added Page Up and Page Down mappings for vertical look.
- Added haptic feedback for grappling.
- Added haptic feedback on high velocities through air.
- Core Audio
- Added cue for when vertical look is centered.
- Improved velocity scaling of footsteps.
- Added cues for grappling.
- Added cues for interface state changes.
- Fixed collectible scan height cues.
- Side A
- Improved sky rendering at high altitudes.
- Adjusted terrain diversity.
- Updated game manual to reflect latest changes.
- Updated desktop builds to Electron 22.
A bug was discovered while working on the terrain for Side B that, when fixed, changed the location of all destinations. Upon fast traveling, you may be spawned above the surface and enjoy a nice fall. Unfortunately, there was not a simple solution at this time. You may enjoy the bug, or start fresh with a New Game Plus. Thanks for understanding.
Important: This has been resolved in the v1.1.2 release.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I’m working on a v1.1.1 hotfix which will solve some movement edge cases. I released it today in error, and reverted the game to v1.1.0. It will instead come in the new year. Thanks for understanding.