v1.0.0: Jam Edition
Use potions, track enemies, and enjoy fresh graphics in the first feature complete release! In Bladius players amass a deck of medieval equipment and fight to the death in fierce melee combat. Changes since my last update include:
- Colorful abstract graphics
- Consumable potions that heal over time
- Targeting system to track enemies’ positions
- Damage, kill, and death sounds
- Game manual with controls and play instructions
- Audio and game feel improvements
- Squashed some bugs
It was my pleasure to build Bladius for two jams. For Game Off 2021’s theme of bug I introduced banes into its design. These cards inflict negative status penalties in return for higher rewards. And for Crunchless Challenge I worked no more than 26 hours per week on the project. I’m excited for the feedback I might receive from these jams.
There were a number of items beyond the scope of the jams that I would like to consider in future updates:
- Health regeneration and stealing mechanics
- Accessory cards that apply unique attribute combinations
- Environment cards that apply global status effects
- Statistics or scores on the win/loss screens
- Generative music on the title screens
- Support for user-defined cards
I’m looking forward to sharing the ultimate Bladius experience in a post-jam update. In the meantime, thanks for playing. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.