Enter a synthesized reality. Explore endless worlds. Play an instrument. Save bookmarks. An audio game best experienced with headphones.
soundStrider is a psychedelic exploration game, walking simulator, music generator, and relaxation tool.
- Procedurally generated soundscapes
- Minimalist breathing visualizer
- Adventure mode for a guided experience
- Free Roam mode for an open-ended experience
- Bookmarks for revisiting and sharing favorite locations
- Virtual instrument with unlockable presets for jamming along
- Binaural modeling for intuitive navigation
- Screen reader accessibility
Press W A S D for movement, Q E for orientation, and R to toggle forward. Gamepad users can press Y to toggle forward. Can be played entirely with a mouse. Please view the online manual for a full controls reference.
|Updated||6 hours ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Tags||Abstract, Atmospheric, audio, binaural, Exploration, Minimalist, Non violent, Procedural Generation, psychedelic, Walking simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, MIDI controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, Blind friendly, Textless|
|Links||Steam, Documentation, Blog, Homepage, SoundCloud|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Folks who purchase soundStrider at or above its recommended price provide the community with a free copy. These copies are intended for low income or marginalized folks who cannot afford soundStrider. Please claim a community copy if you qualify whatsoever.
- Beta 7: Instrument collectibles4 days ago
- Release date and price increase7 days ago
- Beta 6: Virtual instrument18 days ago
- Beta 5 update20 days ago
- Beta 5: Performance and poison20 days ago
- Beta 4 hotfix24 days ago
- Beta 4: Settings and stats25 days ago