Enter a synthesized reality. Explore endless worlds. Play an instrument. Save bookmarks. An audio game best experienced with headphones.
soundStrider is a psychedelic exploration game, walking simulator, music generator, and relaxation tool.
Hello! I'm working on a new game called Periphery Synthetic EP. In it you survey a planetary system in a customizable exosuit, and uncover its mysterious past. Enjoy!
- Procedurally generated soundscapes
- Minimalist breathing visualizer
- Adventure mode for a guided experience
- Free Roam mode for an open-ended experience
- Bookmarks for revisiting and sharing favorite locations
- Virtual instrument with unlockable presets for jamming along
- Binaural modeling for intuitive navigation
- Screen reader accessibility
Please visit the online manual to learn its controls, system requirements, and how to play. A copy of the manual is provided with every download.
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Jul 10, 2020|
|Tags||Abstract, Atmospheric, audio-game, binaural, Exploration, Minimalist, Non violent, Procedural Generation, psychedelic, Walking simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, MIDI controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, Blind friendly, Textless|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Manual, Discord|
Archive contains the game executable and manual. Extract to your desired location and play. An online manual is also available.
For the HTML5 build, please open the index file in the most recent version of Google Chrome or your favorite supported browser.
- v1.1.3: Now free-to-playMar 12, 2022
- v1.1.2: Maintenance updateDec 25, 2020
- v1.1.1 hotfixAug 17, 2020
- v1.1.0: Audio glossary, visualizer settings, and color schemesAug 13, 2020
- v1.0.2 performance hotfixJul 29, 2020
- soundStrider PostmortemJul 26, 2020
- v1.0.1 accessibility hotfixJul 22, 2020
- soundStrider 1.0 releasedJul 10, 2020