v1.4.1: Fest enhancements
The latest S.E.A. update brings a vertical slice of enhancements and lessons learned from E.X.O. to prepare it for Steam Next Fest. Enjoy graphical enhancements like a high-contrast Dark Mode, improvements to physics and collision detection, and various tweaks and fixes.
Ahead in the water
Leading up to Steam Next Fest, I plan to make a launch trailer for S.E.A. and revisit its store page. There might be a performance hotfix beforehand as well.
My hope with the event is to capture feedback to understand its future. In addition to all the new content I want to add in future updates, there are several aspects of the core game loop and systems that I would like to develop further to make more accessible and interesting.
Please dive in and let me know what you think!
- Added binaural processing to splash cue
- Reworked splash cue for movement changes
- Added toggle for Dark Mode on Graphics screen
- Added random radii to stars
- Adjusted range of motion blur strengths
- Fixed celestial glows disappearing when crossing top of screen
- Increased contrast of nighttime sky
- Made stars visible for longer
- Improved handling on slopes
- User interface
- Added access hotkeys for altitude and velocity
- Added status screen rows for altitude and velocity
- Improved verbosity of access hotkey alerts
- Rearranged heading and coordinates on Status screen
- Fixed some things caching between new games
- Prevented statistics collecting while on title screen
- Tweaked haptic strengths to be stronger overall
- Miscellaneous coding chores to support future updates
- Updated documentation to reflect changes
- Added more triads to underwater soundtrack
- Fixed a memory leak within underwater soundtrack
- Added effect to stars when crossing surface
- Improved surface transitions
- Prevented getting stuck in terrain
- Voxelized terrain collisions
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.